We have discussed for a long time whether a 85 mm rim in combination with a disc brake makes sense at all.
The disc rotors as well as the double cross spoke pattern in the front wheel – that is obligatory for the brake design – decrease the aerodynamic capability, particularly facing 5° side winds. It was our goal to create a wheelset that compensates the aerodynamic disadvantages of disc brake designs. The particularly shallow spoke triangle of the Airstreeem Aerohub Xtrastiff combined with internal spoke nipples improve the overall aerodynamics and thanks to spoke tensions as high as 135kgf, we were even able to come up with a super efficient and stiff wheelset. The tubular wheelset version with no more than 1.450 g is particularly suitable for racing. The Mavic Speed Release through axle design allows for a fast exchange of the wheelset.
- Maximum rider weight: 110 kg
- Rim width: 25 mm, double thickness high temperature nano coating for outstanding braking performance in both wet and dry/hot conditions
- SAPIM CX-Ray straight-pull spokes (front: 24 spokes & rear: 24 spokes)
- Airstreeem-Aerohub-Xtrastiff Disc, 12 mm Thruaxle, Center Lock,100 mm VR,
142 mm HR, Shimano 10/11s oder/or optional Campa 11s
- Speed-Release-Hinterrad (Steckachse 12 x 142 mm),
Speed-Release-Vorderrad (Steckachse 12 x 100 mm),
- 50/85 – 625 G/825 G = 1.450 G
- 85/85 – 709 G/825 G = 1.534 G
- 50/85 – 738 G/1.020 G = 1.758 G
- 85/85 – 890 G/1.020 G = 1.930 G